Ski festival finder
As part of a campaign to generate more traffic to the Admiral Insurance website, and encourage users to take winter holiday insurance, a ski festival guide was created. This included a landing page, linking to 3 articles on skiing and festivals, but also a ski festival finder.
Tasked with the design & development of the ski festival finder, I set about creating wireframes for desktop and mobile use in Adobe XD.
The quiz was set to ask users various questions to help find their ideal festival. These were split in five sections:
- where (Europe or Worldwide),
- music they like (electronic & dance, pop & rock or other/non music festivals)
- budget (under £1500 or over £1500)
- level of skiing, winter sports experiences and activities (beginner skiing, challenging skiing, snowsports, jumps etc, just here for festival)
- most important feature (party atmosphere, great music, skiing for all levels, plenty of snow, budget holiday)
At the end of the five questions, details about each festival and the resort were required, so top trump style cards with four ratings for each festival were created, giving details such as:
- skiing fun
- party vibe
- highest peak
- cost of a pint
To help encourage sharing the results, each card had the option to share the festival on twitter or facebook with a message, such as "I just found my dream ski festival for 2019 at Electric Mountain Festival with Admiral’s Ski Festival Finder - take the quiz to find yours!", as well as an image detailing the same festival and url to link back to the ski festival finder and encourage more users to try it out.
There was also a link to the ski festival on each card to see more details and generate click through traffic to each festival website.